SCHOTT AMIRAN® anti-reflective glass for façades offers crystal clear transparency, even with a significant difference in the amount of light in front of and behind the pane. It reduces reflections to just a fraction of those seen with conventional glass.
- Luminous reflectance of < 0.5 % per manufactured glass surface
- Hardly noticeable luminous reflectance and perfect view through the glass
- Neutral in color
- High transmission
- High mechanical stability
- Color rendering index of Ra = 100
SCHOTT AMIRAN® vs. conventional Float Glass
Conventional float glass reflects approximately 8 % of incident light. This results in undesirable reflections. AMIRAN® glass reduces reflections in the visible spectrum to under 1% and thus allows for an unadulterated view of art
SCHOTT makes an enormous technical effort to provide a nearly reflection-free view: AMIRAN® anti-reflective glass is dip-coated using the sol-gel process.
All products have passed the following tests:
- copper chloride acetic acid spray test
- sliding abrasion with Taber Abraser process
- adhesive tape test
- alcohol rubbing test
- stylus test