CONTURAN® is an anti-reflective glass with an optical interference coating on either one or both sides. SCHOTT developed a coating design that prevents optical reflections that result at the glass air passage. CONTURAN® enables almost invisible protection for many applications with the same highest light transmission and a high color rendering index combined with long durability and suitability for daily use.
- Reduction of irritating reflections below 1%
- High transmission (>98%) and increased contrast
- High abrasion resistance and chemical stability extends its lifetime, makes it hardly vulnerable and easy to clean
- Appears to be invisible and neutral in color, yet enables perfect viewing
- Available in any customized shape, form or set-up
- Can be adapted by applying UV or IR protection and DARO easy-to-clean / anti-fingerprint coating
SCHOTT CONTURAN® vs. conventional Float Glass
Conventional float glass reflects approximately 8 % of incident light. This results in undesirable reflections.
CONTURAN® glass reduces reflections in the visible spectrum to under 1% and thus allows for an unadulterated view of art.
SCHOTT makes an enormous technical effort to provide a nearly reflection-free view: CONTURAN® anti-reflective glass is dip-coated using the sol-gel process.
All products have passed the following tests:
- copper chloride acetic acid spray test
- sliding abrasion with Taber Abraser process
- adhesive tape test
- alcohol rubbing test
- stylus test