MIROGARD® Protect Ultra
The unique features of the laminate MIROGARD® Protect Ultra include its extremely light weight and the minimum thickness of the extra-clear low-iron float glass. This makes switching over to MIROGARD® Protect Ultra from conventional picture glazing extremely quick and easy. Furthermore, it absorbs 99.9% of UV radiation and offers extremely good protection against splinters.
Of course, it also comes with the high-quality anti-reflective coating that the MIROGARD® family of products is known for.
The dimensions given are usually net dimensions without dipping edge. The gross dimension is supplied including the dipping edge.
- Anti-reflective coating
- Splinter protection
- Outstanding UV protection: 99.9%
- Low specific weight due to glass thickness 2.95 mm (± 0.2 mm)
- High mechanical stability
- Best possible color rendering index of Ra =100
- Registered utility model: DE 20 2015 003 439.9
SCHOTT MIROGARD® vs. conventional Float Glass
MIROGARD® glass reduces reflections in the visible spectrum to under 1% and thus allows for an unadulterated view of art.
SCHOTT makes an enormous technical effort to provide a nearly reflection-free view: MIROGARD® anti-reflective glass is dip-coated using the sol-gel process.
All products have passed the following tests:
- copper chloride acetic acid spray test
- sliding abrasion with Taber Abraser process
- adhesive tape test
- alcohol rubbing test
- stylus test