Data Protection Policy
Thank you very much for your interest in SCHOTT. Data protection is a particularly high priority for us, which is why we take the protection of your private data seriously and want you to feel safe when you visit our web shops.
When you visit our web shops, personal data may be collected in some cases. Personal data is always processed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in compliance with the country-specific data protection laws applicable to SCHOTT. By means of this Data Protection Policy, we would like to inform you about what information we collect during your visit to our web shops and how this information is used.
I. Name and address of the person responsibleSCHOTT AG is responsible for the careful handling of your personal data.
Board of Management of SCHOTT AG:
Dr Frank Heinricht (Chairman)
Dr Heinz Kaiser
Dr Jens Schulte
II. Name and address of the Data Protection OfficerOur data protection officer will be happy to answer any questions you may have about your personal data.
III. Web shop registration
1. Description and scope of data processingIn order to place an order in our web shop, you must register. In doing so, we need information about your company, but also some personal data. We will not transmit this data with third parties.
We collect the following data for the registration process:
• First name
• Last name
• Address (business)
• Phone number (business)
• E-mail address (business)
We use this data for processing your inquiry or order.
At the time of registration, the following data is also stored:
• your IP address
• Date and time of registration
2. Legal basis for the data processingYour registration is necessary for the processing of your order and thus for the fulfilment of a contract or the implementation of pre-contractual measures. Thus, the legal basis for the processing of data is art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
3. Purpose of the data processingYour registration is required to process your order.
4. Duration of storageWe store your personal data only as long as it is necessary for the execution of your business relationship with SCHOTT or as long as we are legally obligated to store such data.
5. Right to objectIn principle, you have the possibility to cancel the registration at any time. You can have the data stored about you changed at any time.
If the data is required for the fulfilment of a contract or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, however, premature deletion of the data is only possible if there are no contractual or legal obligations that prevent deletion.
IV. Use of your data for information purposes
1. Description and scope of data processing
If you register with us, you have the opportunity to give your consent to SCHOTT AG sending you information on special glass and glass ceramics. If you decide to do so, you have then given this declaration of consent:
"Yes, I agree that SCHOTT AG may send me e-mails with information on products in the field of special glass and glass ceramics. My data will not be passed on to third parties. After registration, I can revoke my consent at any time. I can send a withdrawal of consent to firstname.lastname@example.org or declare it by fax or by post. Furthermore I have the possibility to withdraw my consent by using the unsubscribe link in every e-mail. "
2. Legal basis for the data processingThe legal basis for the processing of the data is your consent in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
3. Purpose of the data processingThis additional processing of the data collected during registration serves to send you advertising for our product offers.
4. Duration of storageThe data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. Your contact data will therefore be stored for advertising purposes for as long as you wish to receive information from us in the field of special glass and glass ceramics.
5. Right to withdraw consentYou can withdraw that consent at any time.
V. Potential recipients of your dataThe personal data collected from you will be treated confidentially and processed exclusively within the scope of the relationship between you and SCHOTT AG.
The data provided to us will not be transferred to any external third parties or organizations outside the SCHOTT Group unless you expressly give your consent to do so during the ordering process. Your data will only be transmitted to companies within the SCHOTT Group if you contact them directly, if you have given your consent or if it is necessary to carry out the offers or services you wish to take advantage of.
If we use service providers for the execution and handling of processing procedures, the contractual relationships are regulated in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection regulations.
VI. Storage of access data
1. Description and scope of data processingEvery time a user accesses a page from the SCHOTT AG website and every time a file is retrieved, access data about this process is stored in a log file on our server.
Each record consists of:
• the page from which the file was requested
• the name of the file
• the date and time of the request
• the access status (file transferred, file not found etc.)
• a description of the type of web browser used
• the IP address of the client
An estimate of the geographical location of the user is made from the IP number, which is then statistically evaluated.
2. Legal basis for the data processingThe legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR
3. Purpose of the data processingThe temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to your computer. For this purpose, your IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session.
The storage in log files is done to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, your data serves us to optimize our website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
In addition, accruing usage and connection data are analysed for trends and statistics and evaluated anonymously to optimise our Internet presence.
These purposes also include our legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
4. Duration of storageYour data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of the collection of your data to provide the website, this is the case when your session is finished.
If your data is stored in log files, this is the case after 90 days at the latest. Storage beyond this period is possible. In this case your IP addresses will be deleted or alienated, so that an assignment of the calling client is no longer possible.
5. Right to objectThe collection of your data for the provision of our website and the storage of your data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of our website. Consequently, there is no possibility for you to object.
1. Description and scope of data processing
Here you can restrict your preferences to certain cookie categories. You can change your cookie settings at any time.
a) Session CookiesWe define "session cookies" as cookies that we require to ensure the full functionality of our website. These cookies do not process personal data. We use them, for example, to maintain the selected page language. You can block all cookies in your browser settings. However, this can lead to some pages no longer being displayed correctly.
b) Website analysesOur website allows us to anonymously measure web traffic in order to continuously analyze and improve the web experience and our content. For this service, we also use Google Analytics as an advanced web analysis tool that provides valuable insights into the use of our website. Google Analytics itself does not process any personal data and we will not use the service without your consent. For more information about Google Analytics, please refer to Section VIII.
2. Legal basis of the data processingThe legal basis for the processing of personal data with the aid of necessary cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 letter f) GDPR.
The legal basis for the use of website analysis and marketing cookies is your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR).
3. Purpose of the data processingBy using cookies, SCHOTT offers you, as a user of this website, a more user-friendly service that would not be possible without cookies. It makes it easier for you to use the websites. This purpose is the basis for our legitimate interest in processing your data in accordance with art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
The use of analysis cookies serves to improve the quality of our website and its contents. Through those cookies, we learn how the website is used and can thus constantly optimize our offer.
4. Duration of storageCookies are stored on your computer. Therefore, you have full control over the use of these cookies.
The validity of session cookies is limited to the duration of your visit to our portal. They are automatically deleted when you leave the browser. Persistent cookies are stored on your device for a certain period of time, but not longer than 10 years, and are not deleted even when you close the browser.
5. Right to objectYou can manage the setting of cookies at any time via the cookie setting field on our website. The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of the data in session cookies is essential for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility to object to this use of data or to request the deletion of files.
You can prevent the storage of cookies or delete already set cookies at any time via the settings of your Internet browser.
• Chrome: Click the lock (for SSL-certified sites) or the information icon (i) at the top of the address bar.
• Firefox: Click on the icon next to the web address in the upper left corner. Follow the click box to the right and select "More Information". The cookie management can be found under "Privacy & History".
• Internet Explorer: Select the Tools> Internet Options button via the gear icon. Click the Privacy tab. Under Settings you will find the "Advanced" item with the management options for cookies.
• Please note that blocking session cookies may cause some pages to no longer be displayed correctly.
VIII. Website analyses
1. Analysis services from GoogleUnless otherwise specified, the provider of the following services is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States ("Google"). Google is certified in accordance with the EU-US Privacy Shield, so your personal data will enjoy an adequate level of privacy protection at Google in the United States (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAItatus=Active).
a) Google AnalyticsFor this website, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google for the creation of statistics.
However, we use the "_anonymizeIp ()" function, i.e. IP addresses within the member states of the European Union or other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area are shortened beforehand to exclude any direct personal reference. Only in exceptional cases, the complete IP address will be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address provided by Google Analytics within the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google.
b) Google Tag ManagerAdditionally, we use the service "Google Tag Manager" on this website. The Google Tag Manager itself does not collect any personal data. It only facilitates the integration and management of our tags.
Tags are small pieces of code that are used, among other things, to measure traffic and visitor behavior, to capture the impact of online advertising and social channels, to set up remarketing and targeting, and to test and optimize websites.
We use the Tag Manager for the Google services Google Analytics and Google Analytics Audiences. If you have deactivated it, the Google Tag Manager will detect this deactivation. You can find more information about Google Tag Manager at: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/.
2. Purpose of the data processingThe information collected by Google about your use of this website (e.g. the referring URL, the pages visited, the web browser you are using, your language setting, the operating system you are using or your screen resolution) is transferred to a Google server in the USA, stored there and analysed. The result is made available to us in anonymized form. In addition, parts of this site use the demographic documentation of Google Analytics, which evaluates the interest-related advertising data of Google and the visitor data of third parties (such as age, gender and interests).
4. Right to objectYou can manage the setting of cookies at any time via the cookie setting field on our website. You can also prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. Please note, however, that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent.
IX. Contact form and e-mail contact
1. Description and scope of data processingOur website contains the possibility to contact SCHOTT. If you use this function, you need to provide us with the following data:
• First name
• Last name
• Address (optional)
• Phone number (optional)
• E-mail address
• Furthermore, depending on the type of contact, additional data may be collected.
At the time the message is sent, the following data is also stored:
• The IP address of the user
• Date and time of registration
• The data will be used exclusively for processing the conversation.
• However, you have the opportunity to give your consent to SCHOTT sending you information on special glass and glass-ceramic products. If you decide to do so, you have then given this declaration of consent:
"Yes, I agree that SCHOTT AG may send me e-mails with information on products in the field of special glass and glass ceramics. My data will not be passed on to third parties. After registration, I can revoke my consent at any time. I can send a revocation of consent to email@example.com or declare it by fax or by post. Furthermore I have the possibility to revoke my consent by using the unsubscribe link in every e-mail. "
2. Legal basis for the data processingThe legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR if the user has given his consent.
The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 Par. 1 letter f GDPR. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR.
3. Purpose of the data processingThe processing of your personal data from the input mask serves us only for the processing of the establishment of contact. In the case of contacting us by e-mail, this is also the necessary legitimate interest in the processing of the data.
The other personal data processed during the sending process serves to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
4. Duration of storageYour data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the purpose for which they were collected. For your personal data from the input mask of the contact form and those sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with you has ended. The conversation is finished when it can be concluded from the circumstances that the matter in question has been finally clarified.
The additional personal data collected from you during the sending process will be deleted after a period of 90 days at the latest.
5. Withdrawal of consentOf course you have the possibility to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you contact us by e-mail, you can object to the storage of your personal data at any time. In such a case the conversation cannot be continued.
X. Third party servicesOn parts of our website, we integrate services that we obtain from third parties ("third party providers") - currently limited to the Google reCAPTCHA v2 service.
1. Description and scope of data processingFor this integration it is necessary that the third party providers of this content process your IP address, because without the IP address they would not be able to send the content to their browsers. The IP address is therefore required to display these contents or functions.
2. Legal basis and purpose of data processingThe legal basis for the processing of data after registration for the newsletter is art. 6 Par. 1 letter f GDPR - our legitimate interest in providing you with efficient, economical and secure services.
3. Third-party service bar useda) Captchas
In certain cases, this website uses Google reCAPTCHA v2 to prevent automatic programs/bots from using text boxes. This increases the security of our website and prevents SPAM mailings. This is also our legitimate interest in data processing.
The data collected is hardware and software information, such as device and application data, and the results of security audits. This information is submitted to Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. The data will not be used for personalized advertising.
XI. Your rights with regard to the protection of your personal dataIf your personal data is processed, you have the following rights against SCHOTT:
1. Right of informationIn principle, you always have the right to decide which of your personal data you make available to us.
In addition, you may of course also exercise your right under art. 15 GDPR and request SCHOTT to confirm in writing whether and which personal data relating to you are being processed by us, by submitting a written request with proof of your identity.